Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I have a question about bicuspid aortic valve?

Firstly I'd like to say a big thank you to all the people who responded to my last question.Your answers were very helpful.Just to recap I'm a 43 year old Brit living in Japan married to a local lady with three young daughters.Last year I was diagnosed with bicuspid aortic valve by chance.My mean pressure gradient was 28mm and at another hospital 22mm. My valve area was 2.3cms.This year soon after having a very heavy meal the echo gave a reading of 37mm and 32mm.I'm going to another hospital to have a transoesophageal echo in June.I feel terrified that that my pressure gradient increased so much.The doctor said not to worry as I have no symptoms,stenosis or regurgitation but I'm afraid to say I still have sleepless nights.Last year the doctor said weight training,yoga and running was ok but now nothing is allowed.Would having an echo directly after eating a heavy meal cause this increase or is it due to my exercises.The doctor said Japan is quite medically advanced but I'm very down.

No comments:

Post a Comment